So I stumbled across a super awesome bow template this week on Pinterest and I immediately got to thinking
how sweetly handmade the bows can be if they were stamped!
I was so excited to make up these bows (which, by the way, I made riiiiight after sending two bowless gifts through the mail – aw man)
so I wanted to share with you this sweet and surprisingly easy DIY.
((Bonus: They also look cute flat!))
What you’ll need:
1. Printed bow template (from how about orange) – I printed mine on Paper & More’s linen cardstock and I LOVE the added texture/durability it gives the bow.
2. Tape – Strong tape works best, depending on the paper. You can also use glue OR superglue, if you pinky-promise not to glue your fingers together.
4. Stamp – I used the modern triangles pattern stamp from my shop, Creatiate, along with a small acrylic block so I could see the pattern through the mount as I stamped.
5. Ink – I used a set of Color Box pigment ink pads
How to Make:
1. Take your printed template, ink up your stamp & and stamp right onto it.
And seriously – just stamp. Mistakes often add to the awesome and remind the recipient that you made it yourself.
(If it helps, you can always sing “Just Stamp” to yourself to the tune of “Just Dance.” – It’s gonna be okay – da da, doo doo – Just Stamp!)
I didn’t stamp the little rectangle pieces for mine, I like the “clean” look they get on the final bows.
2. Wait for the ink to dry & then Cut. It. Out.
Cut inside the black lines. Again, no perfection needed here.
And once you cut that little rectangle out, try to remember not to throw it away. I accidentally threw mine away at least 3 times!
3. Assemble the bow w/tape
The “How About Orange” blog goes into more detail about the assembly, but I found it to be fairly easy.
If you’re using a heavier stock like I did, you may need super strong tape or superglue to keep it from wanting to stay flat.
4. Take a Bow
Once your awesome bow has been completed, admire your handiwork and, as my motto goes,
Create what you love & love what you create!
(I also did a bow with the Lotus Blossom stamp from my shop on canvas paper, too, which will be perfect for Mother’s Day!)
That’s all folks!
Thanks for enjoying this fun project with me ♥